Wife: Ruth Brayton, RN
Children: Jane, James, Michael
Father In Law of : Daniel Burchard, Debbie Marr.
Grandchildren: Tommy and Lia Burchard,
Matthew, Mason, and Mariella Brayton.
Pets: Tiffy (cat), Toby (dog)
1. Logic Synthesis
and Verification (homepage - offered Spring 2002 by A. Kuehlmann at
2. Logic Synthesis
for Hardware Systems (homepage - offered Spring 2000 by Brayton at
4. next generation logic synthesis (course announcement)
1. A Theory of Non-Deterministic Networks (invited
talk -Workshop on Boolean Problems, Sept., 2002 in
2. Optimization of Multi-Level Multi-Valued Networks (invited
talk - ISMVL, May., 2002 in
1. "A Theory of Nonlinear Networks" (with J.K. Moser), Quarterly of Applied Mathematics , April, 1964.
2. "Latin Squares of All Orders n Not Equal to 2,3,6" (with A.J. Hoffman, D. Coppersmith) IBM Research Report RC-4532 and Bull. of AMS , Vol. 80, No. 1, Jan. 1974 and as “Self-orthogonal Latin Squares," Colloquia Internazionalle sulle TEORIE COMBINATORIE, September 3-15, 1973; Academia Nazionale Dei Lincei, Roma, pp. 509-517, 1976.
3. "Yield Maximization and Worst-Case Design with Arbitrary Statistical Distributions," (with S.W. Director and G.D. Hachtel), IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, CAS-26, September 1979.
4. "Stability of Dynamical Systems: A Constructive Approach," (with C. H. Tong) IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, CAS-26, pp. 224-234, April 1979
5. "The Sparse Tableau Approach to Network Analysis and Design", (with G. D. Hachtel and F. G. Gustavson), The World of Large Scale Systems , IEEE Press, 1982.
6. "The Decomposition and Factorization of Boolean Expressions" (with C. McMullen), ISCAS Proceedings, April 1982.
7. “A Comparison of Logic Minimization Strategies Using ESPRESSO: An APL Program Package for Partitioned Logic Minimization”, (with G.D. Hachtel, L. Hemanchandra, R. Newton and A. Sangiovanni- Vincentelli), Proceedings of the International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 42-48, Rome, Italy, April 1982
8. "Logic operations are properties of computer-simulated interactions between excitable dendritic spines" (with G. Shepherd), Neuroscience , 1987 Apr, 21(1):151-65.
9. "The Yorktown Silicon Compiler" (with R. Camposano, G. De Micheli, R. H. J. M. Otten, and J. van Eijnhoven), Silicon Compilation, ed. D. D. Gajski, Addison-Wesley, 1988.
Office: 573 Cory Hall
Phone: (510) 643-9801 Fax: (510) 642-2739