Here is my Curriculum Vitae.
I was born in Braila, Romania and got my B.Sc. in Computer Science from Jacobs University Bremen in Germany, after which I went to Carnegie Mellon for my PhD in Robotics. I recenty started as an Assistant Professor at UC Berkeley. Highlights of my activities and awards are below.
- I am organizing BAIR Camp at UC Berkeley, a summer camp on human-centered AI for high school students from low income backgrounds.
This is a collaboration between InterACT, BAIR,
CHAI, and CITRIS CPAER.
Read more here.
- In general, I enjoy teaching kids about robots and their interaction with humans, and inspiring them to love math. I give guest lectures, host summer interns,
and collaborate with teachers from local schools like Carlmont, Branham, and the
San Francisco International High School. If you're a Bay Area teacher and would like to get involved, please do get in touch!
- I find it important that the younger generation (young men and women alike), gets exposed to as many women doing STEM work as possible. I also find it important that the younger generation
learns to think about artificial intelligence and interaction with people in an integrated way, rather than thinking about them as completely seperate areas. To this end, I give algorithmic interaction talks at women in STEM evens (FemTech,
Women in Tech Summit), but also to our Berkeley undergraduates (EECS honors, HKN, transfer students).
- Steering Committee, Berkeley AI Research Lab (BAIR).
- Organizer, Bay Area Robotics Symposium (BARS) 2016.
- Workshop Chair, RSS 2016
- Associated Editor (or equivalent): ICRA 2017, IROS 2016, HRI 2016, ARSO 2015.
- Organizer, Algorithms for HRI Workshop, Paris 2016.
- Organizer, Planning for HRI Workshop, RSS 2016.
- Organizer, Algorithms for HRI Workshop, Berkeley 2015.
- Organizer, Robot Learning Workshop, ICML 2013.
- Organizer, Human-Robot Collaboration Workshop, RSS 2013.
- Organizer, Collaborative Manipulation Workshop, HRI 2013.
- Reviewer, IJRR, AURO, JHRI, RSS, ICRA, IROS, HRI, Ro-Man, IJCAI, WAFR, NIPS.