Professor of Computer Science
and Smith-Zadeh Professor in Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
and Honorary Fellow, Wadham College, Oxford
Mailing address: Computer Science Division
387 Soda Hall
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1776
Office location: 740 Sutardja Dai Hall
Other useful pointers:
Office hours: by appointment
Email: please contact my assistant, JP, at email@example.com
- Human Compatible: AI and the Problem of Control
- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
- Have the machines taken over? Video of interview by Richard Sargeant, Westminster Abbey, November 20, 2018.
- Rationality and Intelligence, slides from the IJCAI 95 Computers and Thought lecture.
- Learning in Rational Agents, slides from NIPS 97 invited talk.
- What is to be done?, slides from AAAI 08 invited talk.
- Life: Play and Win in 20 Trillion Moves , slides from SARA 2011 invited talk.
- Unifying Logic and Probability; A New Dawn for AI? , slides from the Colloquium Sorbonne-Universités, Jan 2013.
- The Long-Term Future of (Artificial) Intelligence, slides from AAAI 2015 invited talk.
- Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Autonomous Weapons, address to the United Nations meeting on Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems, Geneva, April 2015.
- Killer Robots, the End of Humanity, and All That: What's a Good AI Researcher to Do?, slides from IJCAI 2015 invited talk.
- Future of Artificial Intelligence and the Human Race, video from TEDxYouth@EB, Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley, November 14, 2015.
- Three principles for creating safer AI, TED talk, Vancouver, April 25, 2017.
- Provably Beneficial Artificial Intelligence (starts at 55.25), IJCAI 2017 invited talk (slides here).
- Uncertainty in Objectives, slides from UAI 2018 invited talk.
- How Not to Destroy the World With AI, slides from AAAI 2020 keynote talk.