My Entrepreneurial Activities
very happy to have had the opportunity to have worked with so many bright and
energetic entrepreneurs. I'm genuinely honored that they have sought out the opportunity
to work with me again and again. I'm happy to look at a new technologies, but
these days I’m exclusively focused on AI and Deep Learning. I'm most
interested in ventures at an early stage of formation.
- DeepScale Co-founded by Forrest Iandola and Kurt Keutzer
(yes, that’s me) in 2017. Chief Strategy Officer, 2018.
- Babble Labs Co-founded by Chris Rowen, Dror Maydan, Samer Hijazi, Raul Casas, Kamil
Wojcicki. Seed Investor, 2018.
- Covariant.ai Founded by Peter Chen, Pieter Abbeel, Rocky Duan, Tianhao Zhang. Seed Investor, 2018.
- Graphistry Founded by Leo Meyerovic.
Seed investor with Andy Chou, Dave Park, and Bloomberg Beta. (2014)
- Tensilica. Founded by Chris Rowen
and Harvey Jones in 1997, Founding investor (1997). Acquired by Cadence
for $380M in 2013.
- Coverity. Founded by Seth Hallem, Andy Chou, David Park, Benjamin Chelf, and Dawson Engler.
Angel Investor 2005. Series Series A funded by
Benchmark and Foundation 2008. Acquired by Synopsys for $375M in 2014.
- 0-in Design Automation. Founded by Curt Widdoes and Steve White in 1998, introduced them to
Prof. David Dill, their first CTO. Acquired by Mentor Graphics Corporation
in June 2004. Series A Investor (1998).
- Everest Design Automation. Founded by Robi Dutta in 1997, acquired by Synopsys in 1998.
Series A Investor (1998)
- Cadabra Design. Founded by
Martin Lefebvre in 1994, acquired by Numerical Technologies in 2001
(Numerical was subsequently acquired by Synopsys in 2003), Series B
- Right Track CAD. Founded by Prof. Jonathon Rose in
1999, Acquired by Altera May 2000, Angel Investor(1999)
- Stretch. Founded in 2003 by Gary Banta and Albert Wang,
funded by Wordview in 2003, Series A Investor
- Catalytic Inc. Founded by Randy Allen. Assets acquired
(on unfavorable terms) by Mathworks. Angel
- Rio Design Automation. Founded by Robbi
Dutta, Egino Sarto,
and Kaushik Sheth. Acquired by Magma in 2008 (on
unfavorable terms) Angel Investor 2004.
- CommandCAD. Founded by Frank Gennari, Ya-Chieh Lai, and
Martin Lefebvre. Acquired by Cadence, Inc. Angel Investor (2005).
Advisory and Consulting
Positions (in addition to the companies above)