I have been a postdoctoral researcher since July 2018, at Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences , UC Berkeley, working with Prof. Dawn Song.
My research is on Applied Cryptography and Blockchains. I am interested in building real-world systems that are provably secure, easy to use and inexpensive to deploy.
- Jian Liu, Wenting Li, Ghassan O Karame, N. Asokan. Scalable Byzantine Consensus via Hardware-assisted Secret Sharing. Accepted by IEEE Transactions on Computers
- Jian Liu, Wenting Li, Ghassan O Karame, N. Asokan. Towards Fairness of Cryptocurrency Payments. IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine
- Jian Liu, Li Duan, Yong Li, N. Asokan. Secure Deduplication of Encrypted Data: Refined Model and New Constructions. CT-RSA '18
- Jian Liu, Mika Juuti, Yao Lu, N. Asokan. Oblivious Neural Network Predictions via MiniONN Transformations. CCS '17
- Ágnes Kiss, Jian Liu, Thomas Schneider, N. Asokan, Benny Pinkas. Private Set Intersection for Unequal Set Sizes with Mobile Applications. PETS '17
- Sandeep Tamrakar, Jian Liu, Andrew Paverd, Jan-Erik Ekberg, Benny Pinkas, N. Asokan. The Circle Game: Scalable Private Membership Test Using Trusted Hardware. ASIACCS '17 (Honorable Mention), CSAW Europe (top 10)
- Jian Liu, N. Asokan and Benny Pinkas. Secure Deduplication of Encrypted Data without Additional Independent Servers. CCS '15
- Tommi Meskanen, Jian Liu, Sara Ramezanian and Valtteri Niemi. Private Membership Test for Bloom Filters. TrustCom '15
- Jian Liu, Sini Ruohomaa, Kumaripaba Athukorala, Giulio Jacucci, N. Asokan, Janne Lindqvist. Groupsourcing: Nudging Users Away from Unsafe Content. NordiCHI '14
- Reviewer: AsiaCCS '15, Trustcom '15, Percom '16, FC '17, PETS '17, ASIACCS '17, Eurocrypt '18
- PC Member: Blockchain '19
- Email: jian.liu at eecs.berkeley.edu
- Address: 711 Soda Hall, Berkeley, CA 94709