Edmon Begoli's Home Page
I am a visiting researcher/scholar with a
RISE Lab at the EECS University of California,
Berkeley working with Dr. Ion Stoica. I am visiting RISE Lab to collaborate with Dr. Stoica and his team on the problems related to real-time analysis of complex, streaming and sensitive data, with specific focus on critical events surveilance (disease surveillance, system failure precursors, fraud), learning and analysis.
In my professional capacity, I am a senior scientist and a director of scalable data facilities
at the National Center for Computational Sciences (NCCS), and I am principal investigator on the national programs between the DOE/ORNL, and The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and also the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Here is a short bio.
- Contact information:
Berkeley: RISE Lab
- 465 Soda Hall, MC-1776
- University of California, Berkeley
- Berkeley, CA 94720-1776
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Address - Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 1 Bethel Valley
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
- Oak Ridge, TN 37831, MS 6805
- E-mail: email@example.com Phone:865.576.0599
Research | Home Institution | Projects | Publications | Bio
Scalable, reactive systems for real-time analysis of protected data
Director, Scalable Protected Data Facilties (SPDF) | Senior Scientist
National Center for Computational Sciences (NCCS)
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
- Edmon Begoli, Tyler Akidau, Fabian Hueske, Julian Hyde, Kathryn Knight, and Kenneth Knowles. 2019. One SQL to Rule Them All -- an Efficient and Syntactically Idiomatic Approach to Management of Streams and Tables: An Industrial Paper. In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD conference (SIGMOD 2019). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 4, 16 pages.
- Begoli, E., Bhattacharya, T., & Kusnezov, D. (2019).The need for uncertainty quantification in machine-assisted medical decision making. Nature Machine Intelligence. Nature Machine Intelligence volume 1, 2023, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s42256-018-0004-1.
- van Wyk, Franco, Anahita Khojandi, Akram Mohammed, Edmon Begoli, Robert L. Davis, Rishikesan Kamaleswaran. (2018).A Minimal Set of Physiomarkers in High Frequency Real-Time Physiological Data Streams Predict Adult Sepsis Onset Earlier. International Journal of Medical Informatics
- Begoli E., Brown K., Srinivas S., and Tamang S., (December, 2018) SynthNotes: A Generator Framework for High-volume, High fidelity Synthetic Mental Health Notes, Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Management of Data (Big Data), Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Begoli E., Mior M., Camacho-Rodriguez J., Hyde J., Lemire D. (2018, June) Apache Calcite: A Foundational Framework for Optimized Query Processing Over Heterogeneous Data Sources, Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD), Houston, Texas, USA.
- Begoli E., Frasure C., Dunning T. (2016, March) Real-Time Discovery Services over Heterogeneous, Schema-less, and Complex Healthcare Datasets, In 2016 IEEE Big Data Services, Exeter College, Oxford UK