University of California, Berkeley
Email: chualynn (at) berkeley.edu
I am a fourth year graduate student at UC Berkeley in the Computer Science Theory group, supported by a Berkeley University Fellowship. My advisors are Bernd Sturmfels and Alessandro Chiesa. Before coming to Berkeley, I got my Bachelor's degree in Mathematics with Computer Science from MIT.
My research interests include computational algebraic geometry, tropical geometry and cryptography.
On cycles of pairing-friendly elliptic curves
with Alessandro Chiesa and Matthew Weidner, SIAM Journal on Applied Algebra and Geometry, 3(2), 175-192 (2019).
- Schottky Algorithms: Classical meets Tropical
with Mario Kummer and Bernd Sturmfels,
to appear in Mathematics of Computation.
From Curves to Tropical Jacobians and Back
with Barbara Bolognese and Madeline Brandt,
Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry, 21-45, Fields Inst. Commun. 80, Fields Inst. Res. Math. Sci., 2017.
with Daniel Plaumann, Rainer Sinn and Cynthia Vinzant,
Ordered algebraic structures and related topics, 81-105, Contemp. Math., 697, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2017.
Proof of a conjecture of Guy on class numbers
with Benjamin Gunby, Soohyun Park and Allen Yuan,
International Journal of Number Theory, 11(4), 1345-1355 (2015).
Bounded gaps between primes in special sequences
with Soohyun Park and Geoffrey D. Smith,
Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 143(11), 4597-4611 (2015).
Equipopularity classes of 132-avoiding permutations
with Krishanu Roy Sankar,
Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 21(1), (2014).
Gallai-colorings of triples and 2-factors of B3
with András Gyárfás and Chetak Hossain,
International Journal of Combinatorics, 929565 (2013).
Psi-epistemic theories: The role of symmetry
with Scott Aaronson, Adam Bouland and George Lowther,
Physical Review A, 88(3), 032111 (2013). Editor's suggestion.
- Humboldt University Berlin Algebraic Geometry Seminar. Feb 13, 2019. Schottky Algorithms: Classical meets Tropical.
- 2nd Tropical Geometry Workshop, Tokyo Metropolitan University. Dec 22, 2018. Schottky Algorithms: Classical meets Tropical.
- Harvard/MIT Algebraic Geometry Seminar. November 13, 2018. Schottky Algorithms: Classical meets Tropical.
- UC Berkeley CA+AG Seminar. October 30, 2018. Schottky Algorithms: Classical meets Tropical.
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). May 17, 2018. Schottky Algorithms: Classical meets Tropical.
- NUS Department of Mathematics. January 10, 2018. Schottky Algorithms: Classical meets Tropical.
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Minisymposium on Real Algebraic Geometry and Optimization, Atlanta. August 2, 2017. Gram Spectrahedra.
- Seminar on Non-Linear Algebra, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig. June 27, 2017. Cycles of Elliptic Curves: Applications to Cryptography.
- Trends in Optimization Seminar (TOPS), University of Washington. February 14, 2017. Gram Spectrahedra.
Six Quantum Pieces
with Valerio Scarani and Shi Yang Liu (World Scientific, Singapore, 2010).