I am a software developer at Nefeli Networks, a researcher at
ICSI and starting Fall 2018 an assistant professor
in Computer Science at NYU. Previously, I received my PhD from UC
Berkeley where I was advised by
Scott Shenker and worked in the NetSys
My research interests lie in finding lightweight mechanisms for achieving correctness in systems (broadly defined). My
dissertation looked at how to implement and
execute network functions; and how to verify correctness for
NFV (network function virtualization) deployments. A selection of past projects and publications
can be found on this site.
Before Berkeley, I worked on the Midori kernel at
Microsoft. Before that, I received a Sc.B. in Math-CS with honors from Brown. My honors thesis was on
symmetry breaking in constraint satisfaction problems.
I am looking for PhD students interested in working with me. My research so far has looked at
problems in systems, distributed systems, networking and formal methods, but I am open to exploring
new areas. The application can be found here. Feel
free to e-mail me if you have questions.
- Network Evolution for DNNs Michael Chang, Aurojit Panda, Domenic Bottini, Lisa Jian, Pranay Kumar, Scott
- Tasvir: Distributed Shared Memory for Machine Learning Amin Tootoonchian, Aurojit Panda, Aida Nematzadeh,
- ResQ: Enabling SLOs in Network Function Virtualization Amin Tootoonchian, Aurojit Panda, Chang Lan, Melvin
Walls, Katerina Argyraki, Sylvia Ratnasamy, Scott Shenker
- Drizzle: Fast and Adaptable Stream Processing at Scale Shivaram Venkatraman, Aurojit Panda, Kay
Ousterhout, Michael Armbrust, Ali Ghodsi, Michael J. Franklin, Benjamin Recht, Ion Stoica. SOSP 2017.
- Verification in the Age of Microservices. Aurojit Panda, Mooly Sagiv, Scott Shenker. HotOS 2017.
- System Programming in Rust: Beyond Safety. Abhiram Balasubramnian, Marek S. Baranowski, Anton Burtsev, Aurojit Panda, Zvonimir Rakamaric, Leonid Ryzhyk. HotOS 2017.
- SCL: Simplfying Distributed SDN Control Planes. Aurojit Panda, Wenting Zheng, Xiaohe Hu, Arvind
Krishnamurthy, Scott Shenker. NSDI 2017.
- Verifying Reachability in Networks with Mutable Datapaths. Aurojit Panda, Ori Lahav, Katerina Argyraki,
Mooly Sagiv, Scott Shenker. NSDI 2017.
- NetBricks: Taking the V out of NFV. Aurojit Panda, Sangjin Han, Keon Jang, Melvin Walls, Sylvia Ratnasamy, Scott
Shenker. OSDI 2016 Project Page Slides
- Ivy: Interactive Verification of Parameterized Systems via Effectively Propositional Reasoning. Oded Padon, Kenneth
McMillan, Aurojit Panda, Mooly Sagiv, Sharon Shoham. PLDI 2016
- The Quest for Resilient (Static) Forwarding Tables. Marco Chiesa, Ilya Nikolavskiy, Slobodan Mirtovic, Aurojit Panda, Andrei Gurtov, Aleksander Madry, Michael Schapira, Scott Shenker. INFOCOMM 2016
- Minimizing Faulty Executions of Distributed Systems. Colin Scott, Aurojit Panda,
Vjekoslav Brajkovic, George Necula, Arvind Krishnamurthy, Scott Shenker. NSDI 2016
- Some Complexity Results for Stateful Network Verification. Yaron Velner, Kalev
Alpernas, Aurojit Panda, Alexander Rabinovich, Mooly Sagiv, Scott Shenker, Sharon Shoham. TACAS 2016
- Open Network Interfaces for Carrier Networks. Aurojit Panda, James McCauley, Amin
Tootoonchian, Justine Sherry, Teemu Koponen, Sylvia Ratnasamy, Scott Shenker. SIGCOMM CCR Jan. 2016
- E2: A Framework for NFV Applications. Shoumik Palkar, Chang Lan, Sangjin Han, Keon Jang,
Aurojit Panda, Sylvia Ratnasamy, Luigi Rizzo, Scott Shenker. SOSP 2015
- Rollback-Recovery for Middleboxes. Justine Sherry, Peter Xiang Gao, Soumya Basu,
Aurojit Panda, Arvind Krishnamurthy, Christian Maciocco, Maziar Manesh, João Martins, Sylvia Ratnasamy,
Luigi Rizzo, Scott Shenker. SIGCOMM 2015 (Best Student Paper)
- Route Bazaar: Automatic Interdomain Contract Negotiation. Ignacio Castro, Aurojit Panda,
Barath Raghavan, Scott Shenker, Sergey Gorinsky. HotOS 2015
- New Directions for Network Verification. Aurojit Panda, Katerina Argyraki, Mooly Sagiv,
Michael Schapira, Scott Shenker. SNAPL 2015 Slides: [pdf]
- PRAN: Programmable Radio Access Networks. Wenfei Wu, Li Erran Li, Aurojit
Panda, Scott Shenker. HotNets 2014
- The Power of Choice in Data-Aware Cluster Scheduling. Shivaram Venkatraman, Aurojit
Panda, Ganesh Ananthanarayanan, Michael Franklin, Ion Stoica. OSDI 2014
- Troubleshooting Blackbox SDN Control Software with Minimal Causal Sequences. Colin Scott,
Andreas Wundsam, Barath Raghavan, Aurojit Panda, Andrew Or, Jefferson Lai, Eugene Huang, Zhi Liu, Ahmed
El-Hassany, Sam Whitlock, H.B. Acharya, Kyriakos Zarifis, Scott Shenker. SIGCOMM 2014
- Network Support for Resource Disaggregation in Next-Generation Data Centers. Sangjin
Han, Nobert Egi, Aurojit Panda, Sylvia Ratnasamy, Guangyu Shi, Scott Shenker. HotNets 2013
- CAP for Networks. Aurojit Panda, Colin Scott, Ali Ghodsi, Teemu Koponen, Scott
Shenker. HotSDN 2013 Slides: [pdf]
- The Case for Tiny Tasks in Compute Clusters. Kay Ousterhout, Aurojit Panda, Josh Rosen, Shivaram Venkatraman,
Reynold Xin, Sylvia Ratnasamy, Scott Shenker, Ion Stoica. HotOS 2013
- HW Databases, Where art Thou?. Sangjin Han, Aurojit Panda, Sylvia Ratnasamy.
- BlinkDB: Queries with Bounded Errors and Bounded Response Times on Very Large Data. Sameer Agarwal, Barzan
Mozafari, Aurojit Panda, Henry Milner, Samuel Madden, Ion Stoica. EuroSys 2013 (Best Paper)
- Ensuring Connectivity via Data Plane Mechanisms. Junda Liu, Aurojit Panda, Ankit Singla, P. Brighten Godfrey,
Michael Schapira, Scott Shenker. NSDI 2013 Slides: [pdf]
- A New Approach to Interdomain Routing Based on Secure Multi-Party Computation.
Debayan Gupta, Aaron Segal, Aurojit Panda, Gil Sagev, Michael Schapira, Joan Feigenbaum, Jennifer Rexford, Scott
Shenker. HotNets 2012
- On the Resilience of Routing Tables. Joan Feigenbaum, P. Brighten Godfrey, Aurojit
Panda, Michael Schapira, Scott Shenker, Ankit Singla. PODC 2012