Interactive 360 Player
Demonstration of 360 video player enabling shot orientation controls for interactive cinematography
Select a video title, select a technique for viewing the video, and then click "open player" to load the video player.
The interactive 360 video player works on desktop, mobile and mobile with Google Cardboard. Tested requirements listed below (it may work with different conditions, but probably not).
- Desktop/laptop: Chrome 57.0+ or Safari 10.0.3+ tested on a Mac
- Mobile: iOS 10.2.1 with iPhone 6s or higher with up-to-date Safari or Chrome
- Cardboard: Any cardboard player with a button on the top (i.e. Google Cardboard V2) instead of a magnet on the side
The code for our interactive 360 video player is available on github
. It is built on top of the VRView player
- Fixed-orientation cuts: Standard 360 video playback (like YouTube)
- Viewpoint-oriented cuts: Plays back the video, and on shot boundaries (cuts) reorients the shot so that the important point is in front of the user
- Active reorientation: Same as fixed-orientation cuts but the user can press a button to reorient the shot so that the important point is in front of the user. Also lets users switch between multiple important points.
- Hybrid active/viewpoint cuts: The system plays back the video, and on shot boundaries reorients the shot so that the important point is in front of the user (as in viewpoint-oriented cuts). In addition, users can press a button to reorient the shot so that the important point is in front of the user (as in active reorientation).
||Author (YouTube link)