Honors and Awards of Professor Yi Ma
Honors and Distinctions:
ACM Fellow, 2017.
- The World's Highly Cited
Researchers, ranked by
Analytics of Thomson Reuters, Since 2016.
Top 50 of the World's Most Influential Authors in Computer Science, ranked by Semantic Scholar, reported by Science
Magazine, April 2016.
- National 1000 People Plan Distinguished Scholar of China, 2015.
- Second Prize of the Best Paper Award of the Journal on Information and Inference, Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, 2015.
- Shanghai Academic Leaders Program Award, 2014.
- Shanghai 1000 People Plan Distinguished Scholar, 2014.
- Distinguished Speaker of the Year, China Computer Federation (CCF),
- IEEE Fellow, Computer Society, 2013.
- Best Research Team of the Year Award, Microsoft Research
- Gold Star Award, Microsoft Corporate, 2011.
- Sang Uk Lee Best Student Paper Award, Asian Conference
on Computer Vision, Xi'an, China 2009.
- Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, University of Illinois, Spring'01, Fall'02, and Spring'06.
- Young Investigator Program (YIP) Award, Office of Naval Research, 2005.
- Longuet-Higgins Best Paper Award, Honorable Metion, European Conference on Computer Vision, 2004.
- Young Faculty CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2004.
- David Marr Best Paper Award, International Conference on Computer Vision, 1999.
- Regents Fellowship, University of California at Berkeley, 1995.
- Excellent Student Scholarship, First Prize, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 1994.
- Champion of the First Mathematical Modeling Contest, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 1994.
- University of Science and
Technology of China (since 2012);
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- University of Eletronic Science and Technology of
China (since 2017).
- Keynote Speech at IEEE International Conference on Visual
Communications and Image Processing (VCIP), Taichung, Taiwan,
December 9-12, 2018.
- Keynote Speech at Global Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
Summit (CCF-GAIR2018), Shenzhen, China, June 29 - July 1, 2018.
- Distinguished Lecture at the Global Frontiers in Science and
Technology forum ,
the Berkeley Global Science Institute, June 11, 2018
- Keynote Speech at the 1st Forum on Frontiers of Science and
Engineering, organized by Tsinghua Alumni Academia Club (TAAC),
Seattle, May 28-30, 2018.
- Plenary Talk at Dutch Mathematical Congress, Netherlands,
April 3-4, 2018.
- Keynote Speeches at United Nation 12th Internet Govergance Forum, Geneva, December 18, 2017.
- Keynote Speech at China Workshops on Machine Learning and Applications, Beijing, China, November 3-5, 2017.
- Plenary Speech at the 9th International Conference on Image
and Graphics, Shanghai, China, September 15, 2017.
- Plenary Speech at the Imaging Summit 2017, Seoul, Korea, July 10, 2017.
- Keynote Speech at Huawei Inc. the 4th Wireless Algorithm Festival, Shanghai, China, April 22, 2017.
- Keynote Lecture at Humanware International Symposium,
Osaka, January 26, 2017.
- Keynote Lecture at Symposium of National Deans' Association in
Electronics and Information, Beijing, China, November 12, 2016.
- Plenary talk at IEEE Information Theory Workshop, Jeju
Island, Korea, October 11-15, 2015.
- Plenary talk at IEEE International Conference on Multimedia
and Expo (ICME), Torino, Italy, June 29 - July 3, 2015.
- Keynote Speach at the 10th International Conference on Energy Minimization Methods in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (EMMCVPR), Hong Kong, China, January 13-16, 2015.
- Plenary talk at the Foundations of Computational Mathematics
Conference, Montevideo, Uruguay, December 11-14, 2014.
- Plenary talk at SIAM Conference on Imaging Science, Hong
Kong, May 12-14, 2014.
- Plenary talk at the French-German Conference on Mathematical
Image Analysis, Institut Henri Poincare, Paris, France, January 13-15, 2014.
- Plenary talk in the Computer Vision Track, Internationl
Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), Japan, November 2012.
- Plenary talk at International Conference on Distributed Smart
Cameras (ICDSC), Hongkong, October 2012.
- Keynote speech at International Conference on Biometrics
(BTAS), Washington DC, September 2012.
- Keynote speech at Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications, Queensland, Australia, December 2011.
- Keynote speech at the 3rd International Conference on Awareness Science and Technology, Dalian, China, September 2011.
- Plenary talk at Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse Structured Representations (SPARS), Edinburgh, UK, June 2011.
- Distinguished lecture at 1st Technion Computer Engineering Conference, Technion, Israel, June 2011.
- Keynote speech at AAAI Symposium on Manifold Learning and its Applications, Arlington, VA. Nov. 11, 2010.
- Plenary Speaker at Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP), Huangshan, China, July 2010.
- Keynote Speaker at the 22th IPPR Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing, Taiwan 2009.
- Keynote Speaker at International Workshop on LNLA for Image Processing, Helsinki 2009.
- Plenary Speaker at Picture Coding Symposium, Chicago 2009.
©2007 Yi Ma
Last modified: Mon Jun 11 12:57:59 PDT 2018