Starting in January 2023:
New and Recent Events:
, March 20, 2023.
- Plenary Talk at the Chinese SIAM Conference on Big Data and
AI (CSIAM-BDAI), China, July 8, 2023.
- Plenary Lectures at Advanced Course on Data Science
and Machine Learning (ACDL), Tuscany, Italy, June 10-14, 2023.
- ICASSP 2023 Short Course on Low-dimensional Models
and Deep Networks, Rhodes Island, Greece, June 1-7, 2023.
- Invited Lecture at the HKU Global CEO Program, Beijing, April 8, 2023.
- Invited Talk and Panels at NSF-IEEE Machine Learning Workshop
Invited Lecture at Harvard University Chinese Arcademic Saloon
in Mandarin (with Slides), March
Invited Talk at the Institute for China Business of
the University of Hong Kong, March 8, 2023.
Invited Talk at the 1st Presidential Scholars Symposium of the
University of Hong Kong, March 7, 2023.
Berkeley EECS Seminar, February 16, 2023.
Keynote Speech at the International School on
Deep Learning (DeepLearn 2023 Winter), United Kingdom, January
The Third Workshop on Seeking Low-Dimensionality
in Deep Neural Networks, MBZUAI, Abu Dhabi,
Jan. 3-7, 2023.
Berkeley Semiautonomous Seminar, TBA, 2023.
Keynote Speech at IEEE Fellow
Forum of the Global AI Product & Application Expo, Shuzhou, China,
- A New Textbook: High-Dimensional Data
Analysis with Low-Dimensional Models (or a mirror site
- A New Manuscript:
On the Principles of Parsimony and Self-Consistency for the Emergence of Intelligence.
- A New Presentation & Roundtable Video: On Parsimony and Self-Consistency: the Origin and Nature of Intelligence.
- A New Tutorial:
Low-Dim Models for High-Dim Data (a seven-lecture short course presented
- A New Workshop: Seeking Low-Dimensionality
in Deep Neural Networks (Abu Dhabi, Jan. 3-7, 2023).
- A New Course EECS208: Computational
Principles for High-Dimensional Data Analysis
(with a Course Website and Lecture Slides).
- Recorded videos on Youtube of From Artificial
Intelligence to Autonomous Inelligence, in Mandarin (with Slides), Harvard Academic Saloon, March 10, 2023.
- Recorded videos on Youtube of Tutorial and Lectures
of the 3rd SLowDNN Workshop, Abu Dhabi,
January 3-6, 2023.
- Recorded video on On the Principles of Parsimony and Self-Consistency:
Structured Compressive Closed-loop
Transcription, IDS HKU, Nov. 25, 2022.
- Recorded video on On Parsimony and Self-Consistency, the Origin and Nature of Intelligence
Workshop, BAAI, September 21, 2022.
- Recorded video on Closed-Loop Data Transcription
via Minimaxing Rate Reduction (with
Paper and Slides), Berkeley Neuroscience Redwood
Center, December 2, 2021.
- Recorded video on ReduNet: Deep
(Convolution) Networks from First Principles
(with Paper ), at CMSA of
Harvard University, April 16, 2021.
- Recorded video on Learning to Detect Geometric
Structures from Images, CVPR 3D Scene Understanding Workshop, June 19, 2021.
- Recorded video of An Overview of
Reinforcement Learning and Optimal Control (with Slides),
February 17, 2021.
- Dexterous Robot
Hand Manipulation (with Haozhi Qi, Roberto Calandra, and
- Deep Networks
from the Principle of Rate Reduction (with Ryan Chan,
Yaodon Yu, Cong You, John Wrigth).
- Pursuit of
Large-Scale 3D Structures and Geometry (with Yichao Zhou,
Xili Dai, Haozhi Qi).
- UIUC/MSRA: Low-Rank Matrix Recovery
via Convex Optimization (with Wright, Lin and
Candes et. al.).
- UIUC: Face Recognition via
Sparse Representation (with Wright, Ganesh, Yang, Zhou
and Wagner et. al.).
- UIUC: Clustering and
Classification via Lossy Compression (with Wright Yang,
Mobahi, and Rao et. al.).
UIUC: Generalized Principal Component Analysis (with Huang and
©2017 Yi Ma
Last modified: Sun Mar 19 13:46:06 HKT 2023