Spring 2022 Courses:
New and Recent Events:
- Keynote Speech at the International School on
Deep Learning (DeepLearn 2022), United Kingdom, postponed
to January 2023.
- Keynote Speech at the 4th International
Conference on Robotics and Computer Vision (ICRCV), Wuhan,
China, September 25-27, 2022.
- Talk at the World Artifiical
Intelligence Conference (WAIC), Shanghai, September 1-3, 2022.
- Plenary Talk at the Chinese SIAM Conference on Big Data and
AI (CSIAM-BDAI), China, TBD, 2022.
- Invited talk at CS Department
Seminar, UC Davis, October, 2022.
- Keynote Speech at IEEE Fellow
Forum of the Global AI Product & Application Expo, Shuzhou, China,
September 15-17, 2022.
- Keynote Speech at the Forum of
Cognitive Intelligence, World Artificial Intelligence Conference,
Shanghai, China, September 2, 2022.
- AI Panel at the WLSI Annual
Meeting, Stanford, August 23, 2022.
- Keynote Talk at the annual
research symposium of Chandar Lab, MILA, Canada, August 12, 2022.
- Invited talk at Bytedance
summer camp, August 9, 2022.
- Distinguished Lecture of the IAS
of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, August 5,
- Keynote Speech at the Hong Kong Tech Forum on Grand Challenges
in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, Hong Kong, July 26-27,
- Invited talk at Google
Sample-Efficient Learning seminar, July 27, 2022.
- Invited talk a China
Operation Research forum, July 15, 2022.
- Summer Course at TBSI on
Computational Principles for High-Dimensional Data Analysis, June 27 - July 8, 2022.
- Visit and talk at MBZUAI, Abu
Dhabi, June 20-25, 2022.
- Invited talk at the Challenges
and Prospects of ML for the Physical Sciences Workshop in NYC,
Flatiron Institute, June 12-15, 2022.
- Keynote Speech at the 17th biennial Canadian Workshop on
Information Theory (CWIT), Ottawa, Canada, June 7, 2022.
- A Ten-Hour Short Course on
Low-Dim Models for High-Dim Data at ICASSP, Singapore, May 22-27, 2022.
- Plenary Talk at the IEEE International
Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing
(ICASSP), Singapore, May 22-27, 2022.
- Invited Talk at Baidu Research, April 29, 2022.
- Invited Talk at Facebook/Meta AI Research (FAIR/MAIR), April 25,
- MSRA CVPR panel discussion, April 22, 2022.
- Invited Talk at University of Washington, Seattle, April 8, 2022.
- Invited Talk at Washington University at St. Louis, March 23,
- Talk at BAIR Visual Computing
Workshop, Berkeley, March 21, 2022.
- Invited Talk, Department of Electrical and Computer
Engineering, University of Michigan, March 17, 2022.
- Invited Talk, joint Semiautonomous Seminar and THEORINET
Seminar, EECS Berkeley, March
- Distinguished Colloquium, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Maryland, Januarary 28, 2022.
- Recorded video on Closed-Loop Data Transcription
via Minimaxing Rate Reduction (with
Paper and Slides), Berkeley Neuroscience Redwood
Center, December 2, 2021.
- Recorded video on ReduNet: Deep
(Convolution) Networks from First Principles
(with Paper ), at CMSA of
Harvard University, April 16, 2021.
- Recorded video on Learning to Detect Geometric
Structures from Images, CVPR 3D Scene Understanding Workshop, June 19, 2021.
- Recorded video of An Overview of
Reinforcement Learning and Optimal Control (with Slides),
February 17, 2021.
- Berkeley Assured Autonomy Seminar (TBD, Spring 2022).
- Berkeley Learning
Theory Study Group (TBD, Spring
©2017 Yi Ma
Last modified: Tue Aug 16 18:48:04 PDT 2022