I'm a fourth-year Ph.D. student at UC Berkeley working with Yun S. Song. I am broadly interested in machine learning, probabilistic modeling, statistics, and genomics. I am currently funded by the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. Prior to Berkeley, I received a M.Eng. in Computer Science and B.S. in Mathematics and Computer Science from MIT.
Email: chanjed AT berkeley DOT edu
- A Likelihood-Free Inference Framework for Population Genetic Data using Exchangeable Neural Networks. NIPS 2018 (Spotlight Talk). [arXiv][Software]
- Early human dispersals within the Americas. *Equal contribution. Science. [Journal] [Press]
- Two-Locus Likelihoods Under Variable Population Size and Fine-Scale Recombination Rate Estimation. *Equal contribution. Genetics. [Journal][Software]
- Determination and Validation of Thresholds of Anterior Chamber Parameters by Dedicated Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography. American Journal of Opthalmology. [Journal]
- A Structured Permutation-Equivariant Network for Reference-free Archaic Admixture. NIPS Machine Learning for Comp Bio 2017 (Talk). Best Talk Award.
- A Stitched HMM Algorithm for Improved rjMCMC Estimation for Fine-Scale Recombination Rate Estimation. Probabilistic Modeling in Genomics 2016 (Poster).